Rules to play one pocket pool
. Unless clearly contradicted below, general pocket billiards rules of play and etiquette apply toOne Pocket,and complete General Rules are available from theWorld Pool Billiard Association (WPA).
Object of the game
. One Pocketis a game for two players or two teams, where each player or team can only score into one of the two corner pockets on the foot end of the table, while the other player or team can only score into the other corner pocket at the foot end of the table. The other four pockets are neutral pockets, and any balls pocketed in a neutral pocket are spotted at the end of the shooters inning. There is no requirement to call your shotinOne Pocket, and no special order or significance to any numbered object balls. The first player (or team) to legally score eight balls into their own pocket wins the game, whether they pocket their game winning ball by their own shot, or as a result of their opponents shot.The game may be handicapped either by agreement between players or as designated by a tournament director. Standard handicaps are created by adjusting the required winning score for either one or both players, either for all breaks or for specified player s breaks.
Please note that with One Pocket s long tradition of after hours play, many other creative variations in handicapping have been invented over the years. As long as all those involved agree before play begins, virtually everything is negotiable in after hours contests.
1. All fifteen balls are tightly racked in no particular required order in a standard triangle with the apex ball placed as nearly as possible on the foot spot. In tournament play, players lag for the first break. For games that follow, the break alternates back and forth between the players, regardless of who wins each game.Prior to breaking, the breaking player selects one of the corner pockets at the foot of the table as their own, thus the opponent is assigned the other foot pocket by default. In subsequent games, whoever breaks is free to change their pocket selection on their own break.
In standard practice the breaker does not call his pocket ; their pocket selection is considered obvious by virtue of the orientation of their break. Players employing an unusual break are advised to make their pocket selection clear prior to the break, to avoid conflict.
Traditionally opponents rack the balls for the breaker, with the breaker having option to inspect the rack and ask for a re rack if they are not satisfied with the quality of the rack. In current tournament play, players may rack their own balls, with the opponent having the option to inspect the rack. Racking your own is recommended at all times, to reduce racking complaints.
In a handicap situation when one player or team is awarded the break in every game, unless otherwise agreed, they should break towards alternate pockets on alternate breaks.
2. The opening break begins with ball in hand behind the head string. On the break, the cue ball may contact either a cushion or any ball in the rack first, but in either case, after contacting at least one ball, an object ball must be pocketed, or the cue ball or at least one object ball must contact a rail, otherwise it is a one foul penalty. As long as a legal stroke is employed from behind the head string on the break, the incoming player must play the balls where they lie ? there are no re racks for a pocket scratch or failure to contact a cushion or pocket a ball on the break.
1. A players inning continues only as long they pocket a ball or balls in their own pocket on a legal stroke. While it is perfectly legal to pocket a ball in a neutral pocket or in the opponents pocket, doing so does not entitle the shooter to continue their inning, unless on the same stroke they legally pocket a ball into their own pocket. Any balls pocketed either accidentally or intentionally into the opponents pocket are counted for the opponent, unless on the same stroke, either the cue ball pocket scratches or jumps off the table.
2. In the event that a player pockets both their own game winning ball, and their opponents game winning ball, both on the same legal stroke, then the shooting player wins. There are no ties, and it does not matter which ball drops first, as long as they both drop as a result of the same stroke.
. There is no option to call a safetyinOne Pocket; if a player legally scores a ball into their own pocket they must shoot again, unless the game is over. Players may play safe to the same rail as many times as they wish, as long as either the cue ball or at least one object ball is driven to a cushion after the cue ball contacts an object ball. Standard frozen ballrules apply to safety play.
. Players may use jump shots inOne Pocketas long as they are performed with the player s own standard playing cue using legal jumping techniques as defined in General Rules.Specialized jump cues are not permitted inOne Pocket.
Please note that many players, poolrooms and tournament directors have differing opinions on specialized jump cues. It is recommended that players check with their opponent, the house man or the tournament director prior to an important match to come to agreement on whether specialized jump cues shall be permitted or not.
1. Unless otherwise announced by the tournament director, One Pocket is played according to the World General Rules 1.16.1, cue ball fouls only. In the event that a player accidentally moves a ball, the opponent may elect to have the disturbed ball remain in its new position or be restored to its original position. When balls are restored, they shall be placed as close as possible to their original positions, with no advantage to be gained by the offending player. If no official is available to restore disturbed balls, then the players must come to agreement on satisfactory replacement of the disturbed balls prior to continuing play.
2. Any scratch or foul results in the end of the shooters inning, as well as a standard one ball penalty. All balls pocketed in the shooters pocket as a result of a stroke that includes a foul do not count for the shooting player and are to be immediately spotted, along with the standard one ball penalty. Also, any balls pocketed in the opponents pocket on a stroke that ends in either a pocket scratch or with the cue ball off the table are not to be counted for the opponent, and are to be immediately spotted. However, on a stroke when any other foul is committed (such as a push shot, double hit or illegal ball contact), any balls scored into the opponents pocket are to stay down and be counted for the opponent.
3. Following either a pocket scratch or the cue ball jumping the table, the incoming player has cue ball in hand behind the head string. Following any other foul, the cue ball is played where it lies.
4. If the offending player has no balls to spot, then they will owe one for each such scratch, which must be repaid by spotting at the end of the first inning or innings in which they score. All owed balls must be repaid before any pocketed balls count towards a player s game score.
Typically, any owed scratches are indicated by placement of a small coin on the rail top adjacent to the offending player s pocket. An additional coin is placed to represent each additional scratch without a scored ball to spot. One coin is removed for each owed ball repaid by spotting at the end of the first inning or innings in which they are scored, until all owed scratches have been repaid, and standard scoring can commence.
5. Driving either the cue ball or an object ball off the table is a foul, whenever either comes to rest off the playing surface, or comes in contact with anything other than the table itself while airborne.
Please note that One Pocket has been traditionally played in many areas without a foul charged for jumping an object ball off the table, contrary to current general pocket billiards rules; therefore it is important to verify house rules or your tournament director s interpretation prior to an important match.
6. Intentional fouls are an accepted part of One Pocket tactics as long as they are played by use of a legal stroke, such as by lightly touching the cue ball with the cue tip; by rolling the cue ball to a new location without regard for legal contact with either an object ball or a cushion; by pocket scratching the cue ball; or by using a legal jump technique to force the cue ball off the table. However, if the acting official rules that a player has used an illegal technique to direct the cue ball or any object balls to a more desirable location, then the incoming player has the option of either playing the balls where they lie, or requesting the official to restore all such moved balls to their location prior to the illegal maneuver. The offending player is charged the standard one ball foul penalty, and in addition may be further penalized at the discretion of the acting official under the general rules of unsportsmanlike conduct.
7. It shall not be a foul to accidentally touch the cue ball while removing an object ball from an adjacent pocket, or when spotting a ball where the cue ball interferes. It shall be a foul for the incoming shooter to accidentally touch an object ball with the cue ball while placing it in a ball in hand situation.
Three fouls in a row
. Three consecutive fouls is loss of game, however the opponent or tournament referee must notify the player that is on two fouls, prior to their third foul. Should no notice occur until after the shot resulting in the third foul is in motion, it is not immediate loss of game, but the player will be considered to be on two fouls for their next shot.
The three fouls rule is often waived in after hours situations by agreement between the players.
. For a foul to result from failure to legally strike a rail after contacting a frozen ball, the ball in question must be inspected and designated as frozen prior to a players shot, otherwise the ball is not considered frozen. If the cue ball becomes wedged between an object ball and the cushion and frozen to both, then legal shot requirements must be met by pocketing the frozen ball, or by contacting either another ball or another cushion enroute to a legal shot. Failure to do so is a foul.
1. Balls are to be spotted on the foot spot, or in a direct line below the foot spot, and tightly frozen to other object balls that fall in or interfere with that line. However if the cue ball interferes, the spotted ball is to be placed on that line close to, but not quite frozen to the cue ball. In the event that the line below the foot spot is full and the bottom rail interferes with a spotted ball then balls are to be spotted on the same line, but above the foot spot.
2. Any penalty balls owed by the shooter, or balls pocketed in a neutral pocket, are to be spotted at the end of the shooters inning. However, if a player runs off all the balls on the table without reaching a winning score, then all such balls are spotted immediately (all at once, not one ball at a time), and the shooter continues their inning. At no other time in One Pocket are balls spotted during any shooters ongoing inning.
3. In the event of a handicapped game with the combined winning ball count needed by the two players or teams totals greater than sixteen at the start of the game, then the player going to the longer count must spot the first ball or balls they score, immediately at the end of the first inning in which they score, as necessary to bring the combined winning ball count back down to sixteen, at which point the game continues in standard fashion.
4. If any owed balls, or balls that have fallen into a neutral pocket are forgotten and later remembered, then instead of being spotted after the current shooters inning, they are spotted after the end of the next players inning, unless there are no balls left on the table, in which case they are all spotted immediately. In any case, any owed balls are not forgiven, but still must be paid.
In practice, forgotten balls may be spotted at any time after they are remembered, as long as both players agree on the timing; if either player objects to an earlier spotting, then rule 9.4 should be followed.
Please note that playing snooze you loseis the rare exception in house rules; it is by no means the standard rule, and it should only be accepted when it is clearly and mutually agreed on by both players before play begins.
5. In the event of a scratch with the offending player having no balls to spot when all of the balls are located behind the head string, the ball nearest the head string may be spotted at the request of the incoming player. If two or more balls are equally close to the head string, the highest numbered ball would be spotted.
1. It is the responsibility of the shooting player to verify their own ball count as they approach their out ball, and the non shooting player should avoid making comments about how many balls are needed. However, if the non shooting player disturbs the balls, or breaks down their stick, or in the judgment of the acting official otherwise significantly disturbs the shooter in the assumption that the shooter is already out, such acts are considered a concession, and the shooter is considered to have won, regardless of whether a subsequent count reveals that more balls are needed. Likewise, if it can be verified that the non shooting players mistaken statement of the number of balls needed leads directly to the shooter pocketing said number of balls and the assumption of the game being over, then the shooter wins, even if it is subsequently determined that the non shooting players statement of balls needed was in error.
2. If the shooting player disturbs only one of the remaining balls on the table under their own mistaken assumption that the game is over, play continues under the terms of rule 6.1. However, if the shooting player disturbs two or more of the remaining balls in play on their own mistaken assumption that the game is over, then it is the shooting player that forfeits the game.
Players should refrain from moving or removing balls from their opponent s pocket or scoring tray for any reason, except to spot a ball following a scratch or to sufficiently clear a pocket to permit entry of additional balls for an impending shot, and should only do so with respect for their opponent s scoring preferences.
Keeping track of which pocket is whose
1. It is each players responsibility to keep track of which pocket is theirs; opponents are under no obligation ? other than good sportsmanship to correct such an error prior to an opponents shot. A ball legally pocketed in the wrong pocket counts for the player who legitimately has that pocket, regardless of who shot the ball. However, a ball shot into the wrong pocket does not entitle the shooter to continue their inning, unless on the same stroke they legitimately score into their own pocket as well.
2. In the event that a player shooting into the wrong pocket is permitted to continue the same inning at the table (beyond what is entitled by legally pocketing a ball in their own pocket) by their opponents or the referees failure to notify them of their error, such failure of notification does not legitimize any additional balls pocketed in that inning, whether pocketed in the shooters pocket or their opponents pocket. Thus the first shot to the wrong pocket in a given inning is the shooters responsibility, and the shooters opponent is entitled to any balls pocketed on that first stroke. However, any subsequently pocketed balls in the same inning are to be spotted as illegally pocketed balls, because it is the referees or opponents responsibility to notify the shooter before they erroneously continue their inning.
Close calls and conflict resolution
. Unless a referee is assigned, players shall be responsible for refereeing their own match. Whenever the players themselves can come to an amicable agreement on any scoring or officiating issues to their satisfaction, and play continues, their decision shall be deemed final. If at anytime in a match either player anticipates a close call, or would like a neutral party to spot a ball, or wishes to have an official ruling in any conflict, then an official should be called. The non shooting player bears extra responsibility to call an official if they anticipate a close call. In the event of any too close to callsituation, arbitration should favor the shooter unless there is verifiable mitigating evidence in the judgment of the official. In the event of a disagreement over a contested ball, with no evidence in the judgment of the official to warrant crediting the ball to either player, then the contested ball shall be deemed a neutral ball, and spotted according to rule 9.4.
Benefits of Green chillis
. Capsaicin in chilies initially elicit inflammation when it comes in contact with the delicate mucus membranes of oral cavity, throat and stomach, and soon produces severe burning sensation that is perceived as hot through free nerve endings in the mu
Strangely Unique Schools
Walt Disney Elementary
. In the mid 1950s, some children who apparently loved Disney films way too much at the public elementary school in Levittown, Pennsylvania, were given the opportunity to name their school after a public figure. When Disney found out about this honor,
Tips to get ready for xmas
Create a gift list idea for other people
. Receiving gifts on Christmas is only half the fun. The only thing better than the weeks leading up to Christmas is finding the perfect present for someone you love, whether its a gag gift or a serious item that they have been needing for awhile. Once
Unbelievable Facts About Alcohol
. Alcohol does not destroy brain cells. In fact, the moderate consumption of alcohol is often associated with improved cognitive functioning.
Eye care tips for Computer users
Do Not Smoke Breathe In Fresh Air
. You know that smoking is dangerous for your lungs and heart, right? But, you might not know that it also enhances the risk of macular degeneration, optic nerve damage, and cataracts. Most of us know that cigarettes contain nicotine, which has harmful
Amazing Science Images You Must See
Penguin Pomp Birds of a Feather
. A flock of gentoo penguins at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga puts on a show. At heights of almost 3 feet (1 meter), gentoos are the third largestpenguin species in the world. Gentoos build nests out of round, smooth stones, which are highly pr
Christmas Gifts Ideas She Is Going To Love
Sterling Silver and Diamond Double Heart Pendant Necklace
. You can never go wrong with jewelry and this sterling silver double heart necklace shows why. The beautiful interlocking hearts show an elegant expression of sentimentality that is sure to touch any womans heart.
Round Mehndi Designs
. A very intricate yet rich design is shown here. The central design is quite large and covers a good amount of space on the palm. The fingers are decorated with fine patterns followed by small dots. This simple yet elegant mehndi design is perfectly a
Precautions while using Bleaching
. Always protect your hands when cleaning with bleach. If you dont wear gloves you are likely to end up with rough, scaly and even bloody hands it is that rough on skin. You may want to use protective eye ware when cleaning with bleach as well.
Most Famous Fictional Robots of All Time
. Sure, there are robots on this list who can shoot lasers and fight aliens, but the Roomba will do your vacuuming. Okay, so Rosie will do that too, but Roomba is realover 2.5 million have been sold.
What to Eat in Sikkim
. Tama is a non-fermented bamboo shoot product. Some varieties of bamboo shoots commonly grown in the Sikkim Himalayas are Dendrocalamus hamiltonii, Dendrocalamus sikkimensis and Bambusa tulda locally known as
Most Powerful Weapons In History
. The worlds largest cannon ever has a caliber of 975 mm. Created by Joseph Paixhans, this monster weapon staked its notoriety during the Siege of Antwerp in 1832.
Importants Dates Of Indian History
World War I begins 1914
. World War I (WWI) was sparked by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914 and ended with the Treaty of Versailles in 1919. Find out what happened in between these momentous events in this WWI timeline.
Designs For Bathroom
A Traditional Bathroom
. House Beautiful editor in chief Newell Turner New York home bathroom is clean and traditional, with a recessed Kohler medicine cabinet flanked by Somerson sconces from Pottery Barn.The Bancroft towel holder, pedestal sink, and faucets are also from K
Benefits of Basil
. The herb is a prophylactic or preventive and curative for insect stings or bites. A teaspoonful of the juice of the leaves is taken and is repeated after a few hours. Fresh juice must also be applied to the affected parts. A paste of fresh roots is a
. After Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh Bachchan was the second superstar of the country. But with the sad demise of Kaka (Rajesh Khanna), Big B recently Tweeted, The word superstar was invented for him, and for me it shall ever remain his and no others. We app
Benefits of Durian
. Different cultivars of durian often have distinct colours. D101 (right) has rich yellow flesh, clearly distinguishable from another variety (left). Over the centuries, numerous duriancultivars, propagated by vegetativeclones, have arisen in southeast
. She was brought back to life by Sacred Cats, now she is CatWoman. She has to be included in this list of cartoon characters as one woman with some gggrrreat cat skills.As any other superhero, she does her duty and saves her part of humans.
Benefits of Potatoes
Processed Potato Products and Acrylamides
. Regularly cooked potatoes are not a concern when it comes to acrylamide, a potentially toxic and potentially cancercausing substance. Yet, fried, processed foods made with potatoessuch as potato chips and french friesare considered among the highest
Home Makeover Ideas
Use Bold Accessories
. A geometric flat weave is more casual and youthful than a heavy Oriental or wool rug. Balance it out with a large piece of modern art framed in a simple white gallery frame. Finish with blue glass lamps or a pretty bowl to add sparkle and dimension.
. two equal horizontal bands of red (top) and white; near the hoist side of the red band, there is a vertical, white crescent (closed portion is toward the hoist side) partially enclosing five white five-pointed stars arranged in a circle; red denotes
krishna Janmashtami Celebration
Celebration of Krishna Janmashtami In North East and West Bengal
. In the eastern states like the Orissa, West Bengal and Puri public rejoices this festival with high rituals. People go on fasting and do puja at midnight (as the Lord Krishna was born on the stroke of Midnight).The next day to the Puja is known as Na
The Most Powerful People In Enterprise Tech
. Facebook is the world s largest social network. It takes enormous amounts of computing power to let people worldwide share photos, chat and post their thoughts. Frankovsky leads a consortium that is slowly changing the way computer hardware is built,
Cappadocia underground cities
. Turkey Cappadocia, a region of central Anatolia in Turkey, lies within the triangle of Nevsehir, Aksaray, and Kayseri. It is bounded by the now dormant Mount Erciyes in the east and Mount Hasandag in the south. Prehistoric eruptions of these volcano
Top Players in MLB History
. The man known as Yaz is the Boston Red Sox career leader in RBIs, runs, hits, singles, doubles, total bases and games played. Yastrzemski is also third on the Red Sox list in career home runs behind Ted Williams and David Ortiz. Yaz was selected to 1
. There is scarcely a plant more generally cultivated than the Sweet Pea, and no wonder, since with the most delicate blossoms it unites an agreeable fragrance. Several varieties of this plant are enumerated by authors, but general cultivation extends
Spectacular Hiking Trails Around The World
. This is a real hikers heaven in Europe! Hikers also get to admire the wonderful landscapes. The steep Preikestolen cliff or Trolltunga are favorite among tourists.
Labor saving Devices
. Man's Way of Helping Himself: To primitive man belonged more especially the arduous tasks of the out-of-door life: the clearing of paths through the wilderness; the hauling of material; the breaking up of the hard soil of barren fields into soft loam
. This mound of shimmering spheres looks like snowballs just waiting to be thrown. Arranged in an urn beside the front door, the spheres are plugged into a power strip hidden inside, then stacked and accented with boxwood greenery. A single strand of f
Tips to get ready for New Year
Instead of being disappointed about where you are
. think optimistically about where you are going.
. Stand near a doorway or vertical pole. Get into a half squat position and hang on to the doorway with one arm. Pull yourself towards the door way, and slowly return to the starting position.
Sachins new style of playing
. He was affected by a series of injuries since 2004. Since then Tendulkars batting has tended to be less attacking. Explaining this change in his batting style, he has acknowledged that he is batting differently due to that fact that (1) No batsman ca
Precautions while using Laboratory Thermometers
. The Gardevoir Pokemon is quite sophisticated in appearance. This Pokemon s face is partly covered by her flowing hair and it wears a flowing robe that together lends to it a feel of being something like a scheming witch. However witch-like this Pokem
Benefits of Pumpkins
. The high quantity of anti oxidants in the form of vitamins A, C and E, and zinc, provide the synergistic healing virtues that are great for the skin. These healthful properties are best obtained by drinking of its juice regularly. Once at home, ripe,
. In many states of India on the day of Vishwakarma puja kite flying is done. Colourful kites cover the whole sky. It is a time of joy and celebrations. Some also arrange for kite festivals. No matter what the age of the person is they actively partici
Things Vegetarians Get Really Good
Turning down 75 percentage of the free samples at Costco
. A local Costco shop might be offering free samples of meats and other flesh foods by the dozen and people could be making a beeline to the place by the bushels. But for a vegetarian doing such a thing is absolute sin. For the kind of a life they have
Important Tips for Hiring the Best Employees
Chain of Command
. Interested in knowing more about the chain of command? Chain of command describes the way in which organizations, including the military, religious institutions, corporations, government entities, and universities, traditionally structure their repor
Benefits of Persimmon
Source of Iron and Calcium
. The persimmon is also a source of iron and calcium. One 3.5ounce persimmon contains 2.5 milligrams of iron, meeting 14 percent of the daily value. Iron is an essential mineral that helps carry oxygen throughout your body. The same serving of persimmo
Best Geek Gift Ideas and Gadgets For Christmas
Lego Star Wars Alarm Clock
. This super geeky clock is made of 21 Lego pieces and features Japanese Quartz movement and a crescendo alarm that gets louder and louder until you turn it off.
Dwellings Perched Incredibly Precariously
Takasugi an Teahouse Japan
. It looks straight out of Dr. Seuss but there s nothing fictional about this tea house on stilts designed by modern architect Terunobu Fujimori.
Forever Young Naturally Eating
Shopping for Food Eating local
. Faced with the choice between organic produce from the other side of the world and locally produced nonorganic foods, go for the local option to reduce environmental pollutants resulting from transport that may have an aging effect on body systems. L
Makeover Tips for Lips
Is it OK to Eat Lipstick
. Lipstick that doesnt end up on your cup or your husbands cheek, will end up in you (as crazy as that seems). I read ages ago that the average woman consumes about 6 pounds of lipstick over the course of her lifetime. Bizarre, but true. However, there
Rules to play Roller Soccer
. a Inline skates or quads roller skates as well as a skatebike helmet is compulsory. b The wearing of wrist, knee and elbow pads is optional but strongly recommended. c Teams shall wear different coloured t shirts. In the instance of similar colours
. The Harrier is a small to medium sized dog breed of the hound class, used for hunting hares by trailing them. It resembles an English Foxhound but is smaller, though not as small as a Beagle The Harrier is similar to the English Foxhound, but smaller
Most Expensive Divorces In History
Rupert Murdoch and Anna Maria Torv
. After a thirty two year marriage and three children, Murdoch and Torv decided to call it quits back in 1998. Their divorce was finalized in 1999, leaving Torv with over $1.5 billion including $110 million in cash.
Accessories for Girls
. Group of ivory cuffs and bangles, some with henna all clad with old style silver work.Most were added later after the use of them traditionaly for easier wear by non Indians.
Most Powerful Cities On Earth
. Toronto is the largest city in Canada and, with its surroundings, puts out over half of Canadas manufactured goods. Ships can pick up cargo from its docks and travel all the way to the Atlantic Ocean along the Saint Lawrence Seaway.
Popular Easy to Grow House Plants
Black Eyed Susan Vine
. The Black Eyed Susan Vine is an evergreen, twining vine, most often grown as a long blooming annual. Black Eyed Susan Vines have dark green, arrowhead shaped, 3inch leaves. They produce a profusion of brightly colored, 1 and halfinch bell shaped flow
Jogging Tips and Guidelines
It Takes As Long As It Takes
. You are an individual. There is no one else exactly like you. Only you have your experiences and memories. Remember high school track or cross country? You had the summer off, and then 2 weeks after school starts you have your first cross country ra
Benefits of Iceberg lettuce
. As deep green and long leaves. It has a crisp texture and a deeper taste than the other varieties. A good source of vitamins A, C, B1 and B2, and folate. Lettuce should be kept moist by wrapping it in a slightly damp paper towel or zip top bag. This
Famous Indian Scientists
Prem Chand Pandey
. Prem Chand Pandey is an Indian scientist and academic in the fields of Satellite Oceanography, Remote Sensing, Atmospheric Science, Antarctic and Climate ChangePandey obtained his Masters and Bachelors degrees in Electronics and science respectively
Major Wars Of 20th Century
Franco Syrian war
. Years 1920 1920 Battle deaths 3,500 The Battle of Maysalun, also called The Battle of Maysalun Pass, took place between Syrian and French forces some 12 miles west of Damascus on July 23, 1920. The battle occurred when the French moved to topple th
Avataars of Lord Shiva
. Sati was the youngest daughter of Daksha, the king of all men. When Sati grew up she married Shiva,much to the displeasure of her father. One day Daksha made arrangements for a great yagna, and invited all the gods omitting only Shiva. Satis urge to
Ice Cream Flavors
Cheese Ice Cream
. An ice cream every bit as cheesy as the captions to these photos. As a dairy product, its a much tastier mix than some of the other frightening flavors.
Goddess for Arts and Crafts
. This festival is held in the month of Magh January February. It is a festival celebrated by the youth, particularly students who invoke the blessings of the goddess for success in learning, arts and crafts. More than any other state, Saraswati Puja i
Beautiful Reasons to Visit Australia
. Large deposits of iron ore and other minerals give the Hamersley Range in Western Australia its characteristic vivid banded colors. The Karijini National Park is situated in these mountains.
Never seen Water Like This
Dordogne River near Bordeaux France
. Where the Dordogne flows into the Gironde estuary, there is occasionally a surfable tidal bore.
Most Popular Superstitions Around The World
New broom new house bad luck
. There are many superstitions associated with brooms (heck that could be a list all in itself) but there is one very curious and particular superstition that we want to caution you on. As the lore goes you cannot sweep dirt out of a new house (or ap
Benefits of Bay Leaf
. Diabetes increases your risk of heart disease, the fact that bay leaves not only improved insulin function but simultaneously improved markers for heart disease was an encouraging result. More research is needed, but the results are promising.
Most Destructive Small Creatures in the world
. Cockroaches. Their mere sight is enough to fill any sane person with disgust and for good reason: Cockroaches carry bacteria. They also reproduce exceedingly fast with females producing about 300 offspring at one time. Cockroaches have been linked to
Tips to get ready for Group Discussion
Ensure you contribute to the group
. Ensure you contribute to the conversation. Often candidates take up behaviours or actions that aren
Receive deep tissue work or massage to improve blood flow
. You probably developed this pain from overworking, so treat yourself to a high quality massage! This may break up scar tissue to facilitate healing when the issue is new within the first six weeks. A physical therapist may also perform this technique
Most Amazing Water Slides In The World
Tantrum Alley Dubai
. Tantrum Alley
Important Tips for Hiring the Best Employees
Recognition or Entitlement
. What makes reward and recognition memorable and not an entitlement for employees? The element of surprise is big for effective reward and recognition. I'll never forget a long term client employee telling me, upon receiving a thermal lunch bag with t
The Most Haunted Places In America
. Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, Louisiana, was built just after American independence and these days operates as a bed and breakfast. Its said anywhere from one to ten murders have happened on the land and various ghosts roam its grounds, inc
Tips for Best Student in the class
Dont hesitate to Ask Questions
. Its not wrong to ask questions or raise doubts as many times as you want. Remember that geniuses are full of doubts! Also, asking questions will leave a positive impression on you teacher as well.
Incredible Animated Movies
. In this computer-animated delight, Billy Crystal and John Goodman provide the voices of Mike and Sulley, the "top scarers" at an energy factory in Monstropolis, a city powered by the screams of children terrified by creatures who lurk in their closet
Most Beautiful Mosques In The World
Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
. It is a royal Islamic mosque located in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of the Sultanate of Brunei. The mosque considered one of the most beautiful mosques in the Asia Pacific and a major landmark and tourist attraction of Brunei. The mosque unites
Valentines Day Cake Ideas
. Sweet and simple. This Penguin Cake will win their heart. Easy buttercream icing and a fondant cutout heart make it super easy to decorate an adorable Valentines Day themed cake thats sure to warm their hearts.
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic benefits for Hair
. garlic helps in increasing blood circulation in the scalp which in turn reduces hair fall and helps in stimulating hair growth.
Ranking The Best Fighters In The World
. Junior Bantamweight 13 1 0 (8) Last Year s Ranking: 51 Status Report: Nashiro takes a bit of a tumble, his reward for giving a rematch to Hugo Cazares. Not the best move he has ever made (L 12). Cazares won by a wide margin, pretty much invalidating
Designs For Bathroom
. A bold bath in a New Jersey home makes a strong statement.Powder rooms are places where you can gild the lily, says designer Mona Ross Berman.We used a loud geometric in a bright ocean blue to give it a slightly over the top feeling.Wallpaper is Rec
Benefits of Brussel
. Making sure you get your daily requirement of vitamin C has been shown to help keep eyes healthy by providing increased protection against UV light damage. Eating just one serving of Brussels sprouts per day would ensure you are getting enough of thi
Fashion Trends That Didnt Survive the 90s
Eight Ball Jacket
. You got a question? You ask the eight ball. So said Puddy on Seinfeld and so I ask here: Why do some toy inspired clothing like a Magic 8 Ball jacket hit it big while no one will buy my Rubik s Cube pants in which you have to solve them before yo
100 Places to visit in India
Basilica of Bom Jesus
. An iconic building of the state of Goa is the Basilica of Bom Jesus. This magnificent church is located in the old part of the state and houses the remains of St. Francis Xavier. It is considered to be one of the best examples of baroque style constr
Importants Dates Of Indian History
Golden Temple Assault 1984
. The Golden Temple situated at Amritsar is a temple of Sikh community. The military assault that took place on the temple complex led to loss of many innocent lives and also aroused violent dispute between Indian government and the Sikh community worl
. Though known to most of the world as "black tea". Black tea is the most common type of tea worldwide. It has a broad range of flavors, but is typically heartier and more assertive than green or oolong teas. It is made by fuliples the caffeine.
Car Racing Games For Your Smartphone
GT Racing 2 The Real Car Experience
. Another game from Gameloft, GT Racing 2 not only tests your driving skills but also offers you 1400 events including classic races, duels, and knockouts and overtakes. You have a wide variety of exotic cars like MercedesBenz, Ferrari, Dodge, Nissan,
Benefits of Peaches
Helps you shed pounds
. Peaches are bulky and firm in nature but very low in calories. One large sized peach will give you just 68 calories. Sure, if you have them with breakfast they will keep you full and prevent you from having unhealthy snacks before your lunch.
Ways to Be a Better Parent
Let your kids place an order
. Once a week, allow your children to choose whats for dinner and cook it for them.
Xmas Decoration Ideas
. Three ceramic snowmen make a whimsicaland super easycenterpiece. Place foam or wooden snowflakes on a blue runner and add snowmen or any holiday figure.
Benefits of Broccoli
Tips for Preparing Broccoli
. Rinse broccoli under cold running water. Cut florets into quarters for quick and even cooking. Be sure to enjoy the stems and leaves of broccoli; they provide a good balance of flavors. Peel the broccoli stem and cut the stem into 1/2 slices To get u
Famous Party Cities In The World
Ayia Napa Cyprus
. If youve never heard of Ayia Napa, thats probably because it was a small fishing village not too long ago, before a recent and massive rebranding that has turned it into one of the quirkiest clubbing and nightlife spots in the world. Take, for exampl
The book of marmalade
. Here is the beall and endall of comprehensive marmalade guides. One review from the Bristol Evening Post reads, Wilson has found out just about everything anyone could ever have wanted to know about the splendid preserve.
Benefits of Radicchio
. Radicchio (Cichorium intybus) of the Asteraceae family, also known as Italian chicoryis a leafy vegetable with whiteveined red leaves. It has a characteristic bitter and spicy taste which reduces after grilling or roasting. The following are the vari
Greatest Oscar Moments
. The Moment Michael Moore wins Best Documentary at the 75th Academy Awards, the month the Iraq War began, and proceeds to use his acceptance speech to blast fictitious President George W. Bush to mixed boos and cheers. Why Its Great The kind of tens